Tarrant Area Food Bank’s Community Kitchen provides free culinary job training to prepare men and women from all backgrounds for work in food services. The Community Kitchen gives students an opportunity to gain hands-on experience and give back to the community.
During the 16-week Program, Students:
- Learn from the TAFB professional chef
- Participate in demonstrations given by community professional chefs
- Receive coaching in life skills and job readiness
- Prepare meals that are delivered to TAFB Partner Agencies
- Showcase their new skills at on-site catering events for TAFB
- Serve a two-week unpaid internship at a local food service institution
- Celebrate their accomplishments at a formal graduation ceremony (View Photos)
Since its inception in 2007, 246 students have successfully completed the program. On average, more than 80% of Community Kitchen students have continued to be employed at least one year after graduation.
Photo credit: Jason Kindig
The First Step
To be considered for this training is to attend one of the information fairs listed below:
Monday, July 25, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. or
Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 9:00 a.m.
Tarrant Area Food Bank
2600 Cullen Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107
To offer an internship site or employment and/or for information about student applications and other aspects of the Tarrant Area Food Bank Community Kitchen, contact Community Kitchen Manager Barbara Higbee at 817-857-7144 or firstname.lastname@example.org.