AND EDUCATION PROGRAMS
The core program at Tarrant Area Food Bank is the collection and distribution of donated food to partner food pantries and social service centers such as shelters, after-school programs, soup kitchens and senior centers providing meals and/or snacks.
To complement this food assistance program, we offer:
- Six different feeding programs for children (Food for Kids)
- Nutrition education to individuals and families receiving food assistance (Nutrition Services)
- Help applying for national nutrition benefits and related health benefits (SNAP Outreach)
- Culinary job-training for low-income adults (Community Kitchen)
- Community gardening support in the form of technical assistance, nutrition information and a website for community gardeners to share information, needs and resources (Community Garden)
- Ongoing support, training and monitoring of our 300+ Partner Agencies (Agency Capacity & Agency Relations)
For the community, we offer:
- Tours of our warehouse
- Guest speakers knowledgeable about local hunger and Tarrant Area Food Bank.