with Community Gardens
1. Become a volunteer "Go-To Gardener."*
Are you an experienced gardener who would like to share your knowledge with beginners? Become a
Go-To Gardener with one of our community gardens! Build relationships and share your expertise to
help these gardens be as bountiful as possible.
2. Help plan and/or implement gardens at new garden sites.*
- Garden Design.
- Project planning/Sourcing materials.
- Implementation: physical garden creation and work.
3.Contribute content for our bi-monthly, community garden newsletter, The Dirt.
- Write stories: interview gardeners or farmers from the farmers market.
- Share your garden expertise.
5. Help coordinate a composting program.
- Help plan logistics etc.
- Help relocate compostable food bank product from TAFB to partner sites. (Will need truck and/or trailer.)
- Help recruit and coordinate volunteers.
6. Help create and/or teach Community Garden Educational classes.*
- Help design and write a month-by-month gardening in North Texas class series.
- Coordinate projects and materials.
- Assist at classes.
- Teach classes on your garden-related expertise.
7. Volunteer to help manage website.
- Locate, communicate with and add community garden locations to Google Maps feature.
- Write a blog or source someone to write a blog.
- Research garden-related classes and events to put into our community calendar.
*Previous gardening experience required fro this role.