Empty Bowls Fort Worth 2015
Friday, February 20, 2015
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Texas Hall (West & Central Rooms)
Amon G. Carter Exhibit Hall
Will Rogers Memorial Center
3401 West Lancaster, Fort Worth 76107
Empty Bowls Fort Worth
An Artful Taste to End Hunger
Tarrant Area Food Bank's signature event attracts 2,000 guests and volunteers who:
- Select keepsakes from among 2,500 handcrafted bowls by North Texas artisans.
- Bid in a Live Auction for Celebrity Bowls, each signed by stars of stage, screen and sports including, among others:
Country singers Miranda Lambert and Trisha Yearwood, actor Bob Newhart, internationally acclaimed concert pianist Olga Kern, illusionists Penn & Teller, NASCAR legend Richard Petty, NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon and Dallas Cowboys legend Roger Staubach. (These celebrities listed are examples from the 2014 event.)
- Taste soups and desserts from Fort worth area high-end and casual dining restaurants and caterers. View the list of restaurants, caterers and culinary schools from the 2014 event who provided soups/desserts.
- Bid in a Silent Auction for:
(a) Southwest Airline Tickets, (b) Breakfast or lunch with Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price,
(c) Four Texas Rangers Baseball Tickets, (d) three-dimensional art by Texas artisans,
(e) Bowl painted by Ruth Buzzi of Saturday Night Live fame, (f) TCU Football season tickets, (g) A Cooking Class for eight with Chef Manny Vasquez of the TAFB Community Kitchen and formerly with upscale restaurants in Atlanta, GA and Fort Worth, and (h) Cultural, entertainment, dining and spa packages and much more.
(1) a fanciful, fluted glass bowl from David Gappa’s Vetro Glassblowing Studio;
(2) a brand new iPad Mini;
(3) a beautiful handmade, multi-colored quilt;
(4) a close-up experience with professional indoor football in a suite for 10 at a game played by Texas Revolution in the state-of-the-art Allen Events Center.
Sample listing of artists who contributed their bowls and artwork in 2014.
Questions? Please email
Francie Cooper, Community Events Director.
Bisque Bowl Painting
Each year volunteer painters, professional and amateur alike, begin painting bisque bowls for the next Empty Bowls event, even as the current one takes place.
Hart Street Pottery and Pepe Le Potter would like to invite you to join in the preparation by painting bisque bowls for the upcoming 2015 Empty Bowls event. A $4 donation per bowl is requested to help defray costs.
Hart Street Pottery (17 & up)
6346 Hart Street, Fort Worth 76112
Pepe Le Potter (Child friendly)
678 Grapevine Hwy, Hurst 76054
Please call ahead if you would like more information or are planning to attend.
Hart Street Pottery, 817-429-7222.
Pepe Le Potter, 817-605-1700.