Empty Bowls Fort Worth 2014
Thursday, March 27, 2014
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Texas Hall (West & Central Rooms)
Amon G. Carter Exhibit Hall
Will Rogers Memorial Center
3401 West Lancaster, Fort Worth 76107
Empty Bowls Fort Worth
An Artful Taste to End Hunger
Tarrant Area Food Bank's signature event attracts 2,000 guests and volunteers who:
- Select keepsakes from among 2,500 handcrafted bowls by North Texas artisans.
- Bid in a Live Auction for Celebrity Bowls, each signed by stars of stage, screen and sports including, among others:
Country singers Miranda Lambert and Trisha Yearwood, actor Bob Newhart, internationally acclaimed concert pianist Olga Kern, illusionists Penn & Teller, NASCAR legend Richard Petty, NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon and Dallas Cowboys legend Roger Staubach.
- Taste soups and desserts from Fort worth area high-end and casual dining restaurants and caterers. See UPDATED (3/24/14) list of restaurants, caterers and culinary schools providing soups/desserts.
- Bid in a Silent Auction for:
(a) Southwest Airline Tickets, (b) Breakfast or lunch with Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price,
(c) Four Texas Rangers Baseball Tickets, (d) three-dimensional art by Texas artisans,
(e) Bowl painted by Ruth Buzzi of Saturday Night Live fame, (f) TCU Football season tickets, (g) A Cooking Class for eight with Chef Manny Vasquez of the TAFB Community Kitchen and formerly with upscale restaurants in Atlanta, GA and Fort Worth, and (h) Cultural, entertainment, dining and spa packages and much more.
(1) a fanciful, fluted glass bowl from David Gappa’s Vetro Glassblowing Studio;
(2) a brand new iPad Mini;
(3) a beautiful handmade, multi-colored quilt;
(4) a close-up experience with professional indoor football in a suite for 10 at a game played by Texas Revolution in the state-of-the-art Allen Events Center.
UPDATED March 17: Sample listing of artists who are contributing their bowls and artwork this year.
- Purchase Admission and Raffle tickets at the door March 27 between 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. Raffle tickets are also on sale throughout event until 1 p.m. (Advance online ticket purchase ended at 4 p.m. March 26.)
- $50 for a general admission ticket for entry at 11 a.m. and later
- $130 for A VIP ticket for admission a half hour early (at 10:30 a.m.) along with Corporate Sponsors
- Raffle tickets: $10 each or three for $25 (in advance and day of event). Items described above.
- Tickets purchased March 21 through March 26 at 4 p.m. will be held at Will Call.
UPDATE 3/24/14: 37 Fort Worth chefs to provide cuisine for tasting at Tarrant Area Food Bank's 12th Empty Bowls Fort Worth
2014 Event Map
Click here to download the PDF version of the Empty Bowls event map.
Opportunities and Payment Online
Questions? Please email
Francie Cooper, Community Events Director.
See an Empty Bowls event
View the 2013 Empty Bowls segment on WFAA-TV Good Morning Texas.
For the latest updates on the upcoming 2014 event follow the Empty Bowls Fort Worth Facebook page.
Bisque Bowl Painting
Each year volunteer painters, professional and amateur alike, begin painting bisque bowls for the next Empty Bowls event, even as the current one takes place.
Hart Street Pottery and Pepe Le Potter would like to invite you to join in the preparation by painting bisque bowls for the upcoming 2014 Empty Bowls event. A $4 donation per bowl is requested to help defray costs.
Hart Street Pottery (17 & up)
6346 Hart Street, Fort Worth 76112
Pepe Le Potter (Child friendly)
678 Grapevine Hwy, Hurst 76054
Please call ahead if you are planning to attend.
Hart Street Pottery, 817-429-7222.
Pepe Le Potter, 817-605-1700.