Volunteer Newsletter, April - Learn how you can make an immediate difference to neighbors in need;
this month features the Farmers Market Nutrition Program, Hunger in America 2014 and Cooking Matters.
Volunteers help make Tarrant Area Food Bank an efficient charity. Each year, more than 7,000 volunteers give more than 70,000 hours of service. Their service empowers the Food Bank and its network of partner charities to feed approximately 300,000 Texans each year.
Organizations, groups and individuals are invited to donate their talents, time and skills to help Tarrant Area Food Bank end hunger in local communities.
Explore Volunteer Opportunities with Tarrant Area Food Bank.
Featured Opportunities for Summer 2013
- Farmers Market Nutrition Program: Help register mothers and their young children to receive fresh, locally grown produce directly from farmers. Only available May through September.
- Hunger in America 2014: Serve as Data Collector as we work with research contractors and Feeding America to produce a comprehensive picture of charitable food assistance and hunger in the United States. Volunteers needed summer 2013.
Groups and individuals must schedule their volunteer time in advance, especially to work in Quality Control sorting and repacking food. This includes Partner Agency volunteer groups wanting to schedule time in Quality Control.
|For information on volunteer work in:
||For information on volunteer work in:
- Office administration and data entry
- Quality Control—sort, inspect and box food for families
- BackPacks for Kids packing
- Special Events
- Volunteer projects for Youth groups, including Birthday in a Bag
- Warehouse—help our Partner Charities load food into their vehicles
- Community Gardens
- Community Kitchen—package meals for our Partner Charities to provide to families
- Cooking Matters® nutrition classes in need of culinary and nutrition leaders, assistants and photographers
- Farmers Market Nutrition Program
- SNAP (Food Stamp) Outreach
- Service Learning Projects for college students
817-332-9177, ext 109
Program Resource Coordinator
817-332-9177, ext. 151
Fort Worth Weekly's Best of 2010
Volunteering at Tarrant Area Food Bank named
Critic's Choice for 'Place to Earn Public Service Credits'